Friday, September 21, 2007

book Club

I finally made it to a book club meeting on Wednesday. My good friend Gabrielle invited me to join her book club a couple of months ago and I hadn't had a chance to attend. I had a great time and all of the members were very nice and fun to talk to and drink wine with. I like reading, but in the past I've found it hard to find the time to read and to figure out which books to read. I was hoping that the book club would force me to make time to read and to also provide ideas of what books to read. So far joining the book club has accomplished both.

For those who have the same trouble trying to figure out what books to read I thought I'd try to write about books I'm reading in my book club. The book we read last month was "Honeymoon With My Brother" by Franz Wisner. The author wrote about his experience being left by his fiance on his wedding day and then deciding to give up his house and career to travel the world with his brother. Most of the members in the book club enjoyed the book. I felt the writing was a little choppy, but the message I garnered from the book was good. Difficult things that happen to you in your life can actually force you to take steps to make your life better and more fulfilling.

I would recommend "Honeymoon With My Brother". You can find more information about this book at http://www.honeymoonwithmybrother.com/.

No comments: