Sunday, June 8, 2008

heaven Can Wait

Last weekend my mother, daughter and I walked in the Heaven Can Wait 5K walk for Breast Cancer. We were walking in honor of my mothers friend who was diagnosed with breast cancer about a month ago. She is going through treatments as I write this, so she is in our thoughts and prayers.

It was the first time I had participated in the Heaven Can Wait walk, and I plan to make it a yearly commitment. I know 2 others who have recently been treated for breast cancer and I am amazed by how many women get breast cancer. All of the women that were wearing blue Heaven Can Wait baseball hats during the walk are breast cancer survivors and you would be amazed at how many there are. More than 3300 people participated in the Run/Walk this year and I hope that number just continues to grow. Please consider participating next year. It is a truly wonderful and meaningful cause. For more info go to their web site http://www.heavencanwait.org/.

No comments: