Friday, February 9, 2007

basic Blogging

I have now entered the realm of blogging. I thought about it before. I just never took the plunge.

Why the Bald Blog? Well because I am bald which is pretty unusual for a woman. I began losing my hair just over 2 years ago due to an autoimmune system disease called alopecia areata. It started with a bald patch on the back of my head and has continued to spread where I have now lost all of the hair on my head including my eyebrows and eyelashes (alopecia totallis). You can find out more information about this disease from the National Alopecia Areata Foundation. Because I'm a woman without any hair I've had to learn not to be so vain. So I decided that having a blog is a little bit like having a naked head out in public. Instead of my bald head being exposed, now my thoughts will be exposed.

This is a little bit scary, yet also very exciting. So welcome!

No comments: